Friday, July 28, 2006

The Vacuum in the Emptiness

The vacuum in the emptiness of the lonely lanes that I am walking through, hit me harder than anything solid. The voice of the silence louder, harsher in my ears than anything else ever. I wonder... what is it that I am trying to feel, to listen... or maybe trying not to feel and not to listen ?

The vacuum in the emptiness is a strange thing to feel. As I keep on walking, I feel the vacuum dissolving into a solid mass of strange shades of gray... hitting me hard on my face. I realise how alone I am. I realise how the crowd that surrounds me means nothing to me, I realise that I mean nothing to them either. Its just me against myself... fighting the solid gray cloud of vacuum closing in on me. But it seems I am losing, the cloud keeps getting thicker... closer... I am losing sight of all thats around me...

I am in a damp mist of gray smoke all around me. Its weightless.. it has not the physical properties of matter.. its vacuum. But still its heavy, it weighs down my heart, my eyes, my ears... all my senses are getting enslaved to it. I can see nothing beyond the mist... its all dense and heavy and light and weightless... I feel like I am flying with my feet anchored to the ground. The mist gets denser... stronger... so solid that I can move not anymore. I am suspended in mid vacuum, something wieghing me down, something holding me up. I feel like I want to implode and explode at the same time. I feel... the vacuum in the emptiness.

The mist has begun to roll... rolling into shapes... definitely alive but not human. The voice of the silence has begun to groan in my ears. The floor of mist beneath me begins to fade, but I dont fall.. I can see a boy bundled up below me. The ceiling of the mist fades too... but its a cloudy night, I can barely make out the moon. The mist is no more a mist now. Its a circle of shapes, definitely alive but not human shapes, surrounding me. I try to talk to them, but I cant articulate, I utter no sound. I just keep listening to the voice of the silence. I stop all attempts to articulate or gesticulate, I just concentrate on the shapes and the voice.

They are trying to tell me something... perhaps. The voice of the silence grows into my own voice. I have all the answers in the world... I listen to my own voice... But the boy huddled up over there, below me... pulls me back.. calls me back. I tear through the vacuum in the emptiness, shut out all the voices except that of people rushing right through me...

I am sweating profusely, my breathing is heavy, woice alien... but I know the answers... THE ANSWERS are all here... right here.

3 comments:

Gomes said...

Sun and Rain and Smiles and Pain,
Nights and Days and Gloom and Glaze,
Quill of Feather and Edge of Knife,
..... these r ur words for life.

i've seen ur thoughts and art escapades so far,can v see some Sun,Smiles,Days,Glaze,Feathers and friends in ur posts?

even though i appreciate ur glorifying the pain,i think the pleasant aspects can be as beautiful.try it for a change.lets c

Anonymous said...

very gothic.. very abstract.. very existentialist- absurdist.. but intersting style.. didnt kno u thought that way.. kimi

Anonymous said...

Very nice. When you can feel frighteningly alone in the middle of a traffic jam,you know there's something wrong with you.
And that feels so,so good.