Sunday, January 28, 2007

Full Circle

Its funny, and clichéd, but you realize the importance of something only when you lose it. I think I have lost something too... I have lost the capacity to feel, I have lost the capacity to be happy, or to be sad. And I miss it a lot.

There are moments, when I want to cry, to feel the tears on my cheeks, to let it all flow out, and give my aching heart some relief, but I can't. And now, I am caught in a vicious circle of pain. I am in pain, you see, and I can't cry, which causes me more pain. Its all welling up inside, I don't really know how it will come out. I am afraid that someday it will burst forth, engulfing all thats around me, destroying all the tender threads that hold my life together, that bind the various pieces of my existence into one, and I'll crumble into naught but dust.

And that dust, will dissolve into the wind, leaving not a trace of my existence, no one to remember me, or even notice that I existed once, and that now I don't. But that leads me to another question, does anyone notice me now ? Does it matter to anyone now, that I am alive ? I guess not. I guess is doesn't. And here I think, why should anyone notice either ?

And then the answer boils back to where I began... I can't feel. No one notices me because I can't feel. No one notices me because I don't notice anyone, or thats what everybody else thinks. But is that true ? No it isn't. Its not that I don't want to feel, its just I can't.

I guess at some point of time, everybody goes through this... emptiness. How can one not ? Although we are all different beings, living in worlds that we have created for ourselves, that has defined boundaries which no one can cross or alter in anyway. Within this world, everybody feels, unknown to others, unknown to themselves sometimes. Eventually, all the feeling seems to stem from just one feeling.. Pain. Its pain that causes us to be sad, desperate, to want to cry, and the absence of pain that makes us happy, hopeful and to want to laugh. And then, when one realizes this, the pain fills up his whole world, purging everything else, removing all other feelings, creating a huge emptiness, within which one can feel nothing but pain.

I think thats what I am passing through. I may think that I cannot feel, but actually I can. The only problem is that I can feel nothing but pain. But this unending thought leads me to yet another question.. What is Pain ? Why is it so powerful ? Why ?

Pain, is just an emptiness, lack of all other feelings. It seems to be going round and round, pain causes other feelings, and the absence of all other feelings causes pain. But I guess thats the only way I can explain it. And the reason for that, for not being able to explain what it is, is just one - I cannot feel.

10 comments:

appletart said...

All sorrow can be borne if you tell a story about them....wtite your story ..i say!!Deep...

Anonymous said...

Not being able to cry is an intolerable pain, I know because I've been there. But, Time is the greatest healer. Keep the faith.

The Hermit said...

I just hope I can hold on that long dude. But wid frenz around, I think I will.

Unknown said...

Whats with all the whining dude? Be positive...everyone has problems.

The Hermit said...

@ Slim

Dude, I appreciate your concern for having posted your comment. Thanks for that. But...

1. This is not about having problems in life, and I am not whining at all.

2. I couldn't see your profile, please introduce yourself.

Anonymous said...

when i read this, i felt as though i was saying this to someone...
i miss my ability to feel as well. i noe now my ability to feel was the best thing tht ever existed in my life

The Hermit said...

Hey.. I know its quite natural to miss something when its not there and realise its importance then.

And whatever I write, I never claim it to be unique. I always say that its very normal and common stuff... things that happen to anyone and everyone and that anyone and everyone feels. Only, I put it words...

BTW... why ANONYMOUS ? I would be good to know who I am talking to...

The_Wanderer said...

i believe that pain is a feeling...and like all other feeling, it can impact u only if u let it. look at it this way...do u feel ur surrounded by a high wall that will let nuthn and no emotion pass in and permeate into u? that ur trapped inside with urself...maybe u can see everything around u, like in one of those thick glass walls...but all in all, its a very insular experience...soundproof, heatproof, bulletproof...u can see it, but it doesnt affect u...move u?
what u must realize is that the wall is of our own making...we have the power to put it up, and we have the power to take it down...why we put it up is a different question...some ppl wanna protect themselves from the world...others, like u and me, wanna protect the world from ourselves...but if u ever feel smothered, and deprived of feeling because of the wall, u must remember that it is in ur control to FEEL again...
noone stopped the rain...maybe ur just goin thru a desert, and the rain is elsewhr...leave ur walls behind...go find that place...

TormentedBuddha said...

late sorry very late entry bro....bt plzzz start feelin again.....dude have knwn u for yrs(joki'i'ng)
as on discoverin 'pain'....lets accept it as part of our existence. better find out what we want to do with dis 'pain'... let it b as it is, or terminate it. it pains me when u give pain so much importance in ur life n not life itself....cheer up buddy

Anonymous said...

with ref to ur comment on y anonymous:
if my name meant nuthing more than a string of alphabets..i wud have mentioned. anonymity is the mask we all were to keep biases and prejudices away when we want them to be.