Sunday, August 01, 2010

A Letter

Dear Gunjan,

How have you been? It has been a long time. There is so much I have to share, so much I have gone through since I left. But first, I must apologize for the delay, and give you my reasons too.

The journey was long and smooth at first. Winds of from various lands gifted me with smells, and waters of various oceans shared with me their tastes. With sun in my eyes and clouds in my breath, I have kissed the foreheads of mountains, and have walked through the darkest secrets of the earth to be humbled beneath their feet.

It was all good, it was all fine. My sun was in my heart, its brilliance kept me from despair in the dark, gave me warmth when fear froze me, kept me going. I finally set sail, away from all lands, into the heart of the ocean. I needed to contemplate, to comprehend all that I had seen. Days passed by, and I kept drifting with the currents, not knowing where I was going, not caring either. I had let life take its course on its own, let time play its own game.
Time forgives, it just goes on. But life doesn’t. It must have a purpose, or find a way to end itself. I had robbed my life of that… and it turned the time against me. Storms raged in the ocean, gusts of winds lashing me with whirlpools. I had let go, I had let it happen.

Time is powerful, even more so when against you. But the sun in my heart has kept me alive, and showed me the truth that missed in everything I saw, everywhere I looked, the truth that I had gone seeking. And with that, I prevailed.
With the sun still in my heart, I am finally on my way home.

Psychedelic Heart.

No comments: